My friend Eric, messaged me a couple of months ago to see if I would be interested in working on a beer blog with him. Since I clearly never update my own blog, I was worried about the time commitment. “Just one day a week he promised me.” One day a week, I can commit to that. So please check out BeerIsSexy.com and leave a comment or two. I’ll be sharing what I write there, here on BiteSize Brews every once and awhile. Here is my first blog post:
Hold up, let me see some ID – The Story of My Life – Jenna aka BiteSize
Hi! I’m Jenna. On the internet I’m usually found under the nickname “BiteSize” which I got back in high school when I was a pintsized 14 year-old. Now I’m just a pintsized 25 year-old, living in the microbrew capital of the world, Portland, Oregon. (Although Eric will argue that Denver is the beer capital of the world – he is wrong – don’t let him fool you.) I love homebrewing beer, which I’ve been doing since before I was legal. Funny how you can side step that issue legally when you are making your own… I’m excited to be writing about all the reasons beer is sexy, like nerdy scientists, community engaged breweries and recipes to impress your loved ones.
Here are 10 reasons why I love beer and am blogging about it:
- I love beer (duh!)
- I love brewing beer (and I keep OCD notes about it – you will thank me for this later.)
- I love talking about beer (and won’t shut up about it, even if you ask.)
- I’m a girl (enough said.)
- I’m young (not many YOUNG, WOMAN home brew.)
- I live in Portland, OR (the beer capital of the world – did I mention how lucky I am?)
- I love traveling (thus more breweries to try – check out my wishlist.)
- I love hearing the stories behind different beers and breweries (everyone has a story – I’m just here to help spread it.)
- I can’t commit to blogging as much as I want to (and this will keep me focused on one topic – beer – hopefully.)
- 10. I love social media (thus I can promote, share, talk about more breweries – shut up already – I know.)
Other important facts you need to know about beer and I:
- Favorite Beer to Brew: Blueberry Pale Ale or Raspberry Wheat – Hey I make a mean fruit beer, you’ll love them, I promise.
- Favorite Beer to Drink: I can never choose just one – Hopwork Urban Brewery’s Organic Lager, Burnside’s Sweet Heat and Gigantic’s Rauchweizen
- Favorite Brewery: Hopworks Urban Brewery or Gigantic Brewery – Cause they are within walking distance of my house – creepers.
- Untappd Tabs: 382 Check Ins, 312 Distinct Beers and 44 Badges.
One more thing, I’m also a big fan of sustainability (saving the world can be sexy) and social media (okay – too much PDA!) So I tend to like locally sourced and organic beers.
Feel free to ask any questions about me, beer, Oregon, sustainability, social media or anything else. Or just say “hi!”