About a month ago, I had the chance to tag along with my bestie to Florida. She worked a bunch, I read a bunch and daydreamed about checking out the local beer scene. After doing some research, I realized that Florida doesn’t have a ton of craft beer and Orlando is a city of chain restaurants. That is why I was so excited to find Dead Lizard Brewing Company! So bestie Beckie and I met up with college bestie Karl for a few beers and dinner. While Dead Lizard doesn’t have their own food, they are totally cool with you ordering pizza and eating it there.
Dead Lizard Brewing Company is a local micro-brewery located near downtown Orlando. Their beers are big, bold and full of flavor, yet subtle and distinct. For three generations their family has been enjoying and sharing home-brewed craft beer with family and friends, and now they are sharing it with those downtown.
Aside from being completely ignored by the staff. Here is what we tried:
- Urban Iguana Double IPA
- Chameleon Cream-Sic-Ale
- Key Lime Chameleon Cream-Sic-Ale – This was my favorite of the bunch. Definitely felt like a Florida classic with the hint of key lime.
- Komodo “KoKo” Dragon Stout – Second favorite of the group – this beer had a strong coffee flavor that we all were digging.
- Uncle Pudgy’s Two Fisted Porter
- Lil’ Tiny Baby Skink Session IPA
- Purple Skink IPA
- Trippy Pippy’s Red Dread Ale – Red ales are always a great choice.
- Anole Nut Brown Ale
Ever been to Dead Lizard Brewing Company? What did you think of the beers? What is your favorite brewery in Orlando, Florida?