My friend Heather, from Blendhappy.com is here visiting me for a couple of days. As part of my duties as PDX Tour Guide, I’ve been showing her the beer culture of my lovely hometown. We started making beer smoothies and I realized after she posted the first video I never posted the Raspberry Wheat Recipe that we featured in the video. That being said, here it is:
Raspberry Wheat Recipe:
- 3.3 lb Wheat Liquid Malt Extract
- 1 lb Light Dry Malt Extract
- 1 lb Malted Wheat
- 1 oz German Hallertau Hops
- 1 oz Mt. Hood Hops
- American Yeast
- 1 lb German Pislner
- 1 lb Wheat Malted
- 6lbs of raspberries from family friends
- 1/4 tsp of Irish Moss
- Heat 3 galloons of water to 160F.
- Steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and bring water to boil.
- Add malts and bring to boil again.
- Start hop schedule. Add Mt. Hood Hops (60 minutes).
- At 30 minutes add German Hallertau Hops.
- At 15 minutes add Irish Moss.
- Chill wort and add water to top off to 5 gallons.
- Pitch yeast.
- Add raspberries.
Note: Raspberries might cause your beer to throw up! (See image below)
Anyone else have this problem? How do you make sure your beer doesn’t explode?