And the beer festivals just keep coming! Earlier this summer I went to the Vancouver Summer Brewfest and a few weekends ago I got to check out the North American Organic Brewers Festival here in Portland. This is one of my favorite beer festivals, since it combines two of my favorite things: beer and organic beer.
“Drink organic, save the planet, one beer at a time!”
A few of my friends ended up volunteering at the event (yeah free beer!) and I managed to crash their party and help out as well. I was pouring PINTS Brewing Co.‘s Green Line Organic IPA, but it ran out before I had the chance to try it! Good thing this brewery is right by my house so I can go check it out and give it a try later.
Here is what I did get to try:
- Yellow Wolves of Thailand by Alameda Brewing Co. (Note: This was my favorite beer from the festival! Full of mangoes, flaked coconut, Thai basil and ginger. Yup, I love fruit beer!)
- Ambacht Dark Farmhouse Ale by Ambacht Brewing (Note: This was my friend’s favorite beer. He’s a huge fan of Farmhouse style beers. He was on a mission to find his favorite farmhouse beer at the festival and this was it.)
- Ambacht G++ by Ambacht Brewing
- Emerald Triangle IPA by Eel River Brewing
- Chai Oatmeal Porter by Gilgamesh Brewing
- Backseat Blonde by Laht Neppur Brewing Co.
- Logsdon Seizoen Bretta by Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
- “I’d Like to Buy the World a Kolsch” by Old Town Brewing
- Overlook Organic Heirloom by Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider
- BEET-nik by Two Kilts Brewing Co.
- BABA Organic Black Lager by Uinta Brewing Co.
- Bacon Brown Ale by Uncommon Brewers
- Anthem Cider by Wandering Aengus/Anthem Cider
What is your favorite organic beer?