HAPPY (day after) MOTHER’S DAY! My present to my mom last year was home brewing at home while she is out playing golf. She isn’t a fan of the smell and I’m not a fan of golf. So this works out well.
I’ve started working on my 4th of July brews for the family reunion. I’m doing a Red, White and Blue theme. Today is Red Razzleberry Stout, adapted from Above the Rest Homebrewing website. I named this beer “Firework Red Raspberry Stout.
- 7 lbs of liquid amber malt extract
- 1 lb of crystal mat (120L)
- 1/4 lb of H.B. Britsh chocolate malt
- 1/4 lb of black patent malt
- 4 lbs of organic frozen raspberries (donated by my Aunt Kirstie)
- 1 tsp of irish moss
- 1 tsp of gypsum
- 2 oz of Northern Brewer hops
- 1 package of Irish Ale yeast
- Steep grains for 30 minutes in 3 gallons of water at 155 degrees F.
- Remove grains, add gypsum.
- Add liquid malt and bring to boil.
- Add 1.5 oz of Northern Hops for 55 minutes.
- At 30 minute mark – add irish moss.
- Add .5 oz of Northern Hops for last 5 minutes.
- Chill wort. Add raspberries and yeast.
- Ferment 5-7 days.
- Move to secondary and ferment for an additional 5-7 days.
- Bottle / keg and enjoy.
Know another great raspberry or stout recipe?