Last weekend was my favorite beer festival. The Portland Fruit Beer Festival! I’ve been going since it started three years ago. (You can read about the First Fruit Beer Festival.) This year, bestie Beckie, former-roommate Jeffrey and I along with an assortment of friends spent the sunny Saturday trying a vast assortment of fruit beers. Just in case you were wondering, a fruit (or vegetable) beer is a beer brewed with a fruit (or vegetable) addition or flavoring component. And they are hands down my favorite type of beer!
Here is what we tried:
- Alamosa by Alameda Brewing
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by Breakside Brewery (Note: Beckie tried this one – not me. I don’t do strawberries.)
- Bier Royale by The Commons Brewery
- Currant Event by Deschutes Brewery
- Strobilus Berry Wheat Bitter by Falling Sky Brewing
- Forbidden Wonder Fruit Ale by Fort George Brewing
- Hey there Fruitcake! by Gigantic Brewing (Note: More of a mimosa beer than the Alamosa.)
- Tiger Tonic by Hopworks Urban Brewery (Note: This was a great Fruit IPA – yeah I said it.)
- Fruition Wheat by Laurelwood Brewing (Note: This was like a sour version of McMenamins Ruby.)
- Blue Raspberry Lager by Lucky Lab Brewing (Note: This beer was GREEN.)
- Gose the Elder by Oakshire Brewing
- Ruination IPA – Tropical Heat Edition by Stone Brewing Co.
- Cucumber Crush by 10 Barrel Brewing (Hands down the best beer at the Fruit Beer Festival!)
- Rhubarbarian by 2 Towns Ciderhouse (Note: I want to try and make a clone of this cider.)
- Barrel-Aged Citrus Wit by Upright Brewing
- Champagne de Granada by Widmer Brothers
- Cranberry Bu Weisse by De Garde Brewing
- 10% Plout by New Belgium Brewing (Note: Not sure of the name of this beer, it was on the Rare & Rotating Taplist.)
- Kriek by Schooner Exact Brewing
What fruit beers do you like?