One of my best friends from high school, Jon, taught me this recipe while visiting back in 2008. Definitely the best beer bread I’ve ever had. WAY better than the stuff you can buy at the store.
- 3 C. Flour
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 3 t. Baking Powder
- 1 Dark Beer (Room Temperature)*
- 3/4 Stick of Melted Butter
* We used Sam Adam’s Cream Stout
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease loaf pan
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and beer
- Pour into pan
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Then pour melted butter on top
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Cool and enjoy!
Do you make beer bread? What recipe do you use?